Pakistan: ICUBE-1 CubeSat
(ANS) Students at the Institute of Space Technology (IST) built Pakistan’s first CubeSat ICUBE-1. Like a number of new CubeSats its communications subsystem is capable of acting as an “AO-16 mode” FM to DSB transponder.
The IARU amateur satellite frequency coordination panel pages say that the VHF downlink will operate as a 1k2 BPSK beacon but has the capability of being configured as an FM-DSB transponder. A downlink on 145.947 MHz and an uplink on 435.060 MHz have been coordinated.
It is planned to have an imaging payload with a small low resolution CMOS sensor. The camera will be mounted on the Z+ face of the ICUBE and can take continental scale images.
ICUBE-1 is scheduled to be launched by Interorbital Systems.
[ANS thanks the student cubesat teams and AMSAT-UK for the above information]
- FUNcube Handbook 1st Edition PDF
- Massive Satellite “Cluster” Launch Set for November 21
- Linked Ham Radio Repeater System Instrumental in Hiker Rescue
- Vandenberg AFB Falcon 9 Launch
- Radio Operators Needed for Special Olympics Summer Games
- QRP QSO With VK4SDD
- Monitoring The International Space Station
- The Media and Public is Formally Invited to ARRL Field Day 2012
- Coast Guard To Join Armed Forces Day Crossband Test
- Armed Forces Day Crossband Test